A one-time Playboy model and former Miss Bosnia looks set to spend two-and-a-half years in prison after an appeal court upheld her sentence for her part in the attempted murder of an organized crime boss.
Slobodanka Tosic was sentenced in March for arranging a date with Djordje Zdrale in 2006. The date turned out to be a “honey trap,” with Tosic betraying Zdrale to rival gangster Darko Elez. The assassination attempt by Elez failed and Zdrale escaped with wounds.
Agence France-Presse (AFP) cites Tosic’s lawyer Vlado Adamovic as saying she planned to take her case to Bosnia’s constitutional court “for procedural reasons” now that the appeal had failed.
Tosic, now 30, appeared on the cover of Serbian Playboy in 2008, has appeared on a version of the TV show Survivor and was named Miss Bosnia when she was 19.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma