A one-time Playboy model and former Miss Bosnia looks set to spend two-and-a-half years in prison after an appeal court upheld her sentence for her part in the attempted murder of an organized crime boss.
Slobodanka Tosic was sentenced in March for arranging a date with Djordje Zdrale in 2006. The date turned out to be a “honey trap,” with Tosic betraying Zdrale to rival gangster Darko Elez. The assassination attempt by Elez failed and Zdrale escaped with wounds.
Agence France-Presse (AFP) cites Tosic’s lawyer Vlado Adamovic as saying she planned to take her case to Bosnia’s constitutional court “for procedural reasons” now that the appeal had failed.
Tosic, now 30, appeared on the cover of Serbian Playboy in 2008, has appeared on a version of the TV show Survivor and was named Miss Bosnia when she was 19.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow