The Muncie Animal Shelter on Tuesday appealed to gamers on its Facebook page, asking those who are on the hunt for rare Pokémon to step forward and help real-life animals get exercise as they pursue the game’s fictional creatures. Pokemon in the game are scattered around the real world, meaning players have to walk around to find them.
Read More: Here’s How to Play Pokémon Go
“Trying to hatch an egg or catch rare Pokémon? Come down to the Muncie Animal Shelter to walk one of our dogs while you get your steps in!” its Facebook post reads. “Just come to the front desk and say you are here for the Pokémon dogs!”
The Facebook post has been shared more than 1,700 times. The offer stands daily between 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., the shelter said.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization