You may think of Martha Stewart as the perfectionist matriarch of all things homemaking. But did you know that she also enjoys a casual spin on a hoverboard?
In a new interview with Luxury Listings, the 74-year-old lifestyle mogul opens up about how she spends her days.
“I actually like to do all kinds of sports,” she says in the interview. “I like roller blading. I’m not good on a skateboard, but I’m also not good on a snowboard. I’m very good on a hoverboard.”
Her enjoyment of the newfangled tech toy doesn’t always extend to understanding the millennials who use it, however.
“I think every business is trying to target millennials. But who are millennials? Now we are finding out that they are living with their parents. They don’t have the initiative to go out and find a little apartment and grow a tomato plant on the terrace,” she said. “I understand the plight of younger people… The economic circumstances out there are very grim. But you have to work for it. You have to strive for it. You have to go after it.”
Stewart is doing her best to make headway in the millennial market these days, launching a meal-kit startup, appearing alongside stars like Snoop Dogg and Justin Bieber and throwing excellent shade on Twitter, all of which contributes to her ongoing cultural cache.
Even celebrity chef David Chang implored her to share some of her green-thumb wisdom with the youth. “‘They don’t know anything and they have to learn… They don’t know how to grow spinach,’” she said the famous Chang told her.
He has a fair point about the spinach. Teach us your ways, Martha!
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement