A policeman was stripped of his badge and gun after security footage cast doubt on initial reports of a road rage shooting in Brooklyn.
NYPD Officer Wayne Isaacs was originally believed to have fatally shot Delrawn Small after Small reached through his window and punched him during a traffic dispute on July 4. But security footage obtained by the New York Post seemed to show Isaacs shooting Small as soon as Small arrived at his window, the Associated Press reports. The video is now under review.
Isaacs, who was wearing civilian clothes during the incident, has been placed on modified assignment while the shooting is investigated. NYPD Commissioner William Bratton says investigators are “still seeking additional videos” and looking for a possible witness.
Isaacs’ police union declined to comment to the AP.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time