Calling anyone with an incorrigible sweet tooth: mark your calendars and book your tickets, because a Museum of Ice Cream is opening up in downtown New York — but just for one month, from July 29 to Aug. 31 this summer.
The dessert-focused exhibition is dedicated to all things ice cold and scoop-friendly, with some pretty whimsical touches. There will be a “swimmable rainbow ‘sprinkle’ pool, edible balloons, an immersive chocolate room and a collaborative massive ice cream sundae,” the museum’s site notes. “Guests will swing on an ice cream sandwich made for two, seesaw on an ice cream scooper and find their match/favorite flavor on a custom app in Tinder Land.” In other words, this is definitely not your average museum.
But even the sweetest things in life don’t come free; adults can expect to pay $18 for a ticket, although a gourmet ice cream tasting is included in the entrance fee, so you might want to come hungry and prepare for your sugar rush in advance. Just remember: take it slow to avoid the inevitable brain freeze.
And if its advance Instagram presence is anything to go by, this museum is going to be curated to within an inch of its cold, creamy life.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time