It’s been twenty years since Hanson, bros in harmony and hair, released “Mmmbop.”
But lucky for the ’90s women who held onto their Lisa Frank folders filled with poems about what the hair probably felt like, Zac, Taylor, and Isaac sang an acoustic version again on Greatest Hits, ABC’s summer music series Thursday night.
Revelations: the band can still hit those high notes, Zac is back to his long hair and one woman in the audience actually knew the words from the song’s verses. Turns out, it’s a pretty dark song about how most people won’t care about you when you’re old, and that no one knows anything. It was throwback night and so Meghan Trainor also sang with the Backstreet Boys.
Hanson is still actively working on music, as well as their pale ale beer company, “Mmmhops.”
Watch “Mmmbop” below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com