Three members of the original Spice Girls — Melanie Brown (Scary Spice), Emma Bunton (Baby Spice), and Geri Horner (Ginger Spice) — are sending a big thank you to fans of the hugely popular 90s girl group, and teasing some major news in a YouTube clip released Friday. Today marks twenty years since their hit song “Wannabe” came out, and they have “the best fans in the whole entire world,” says Brown.
“You’ve stood by us for 20 years, and we want to say a big thank-you,” Horner says in the video.
“We want to celebrate, and have a party,” adds Brown. “And when we do, you’re all invited!” the trio says in harmony. It’s not entirely clear what the “party” will be, but there are clues: the title of the video is “Spice Girls GEM,” and a new website has the same moniker. As it happens, GEM are the initials of the three pop stars who appear in the video. So get ready to spice up your life, because it finally looks like a long-awaited Spice Girls reunion is in the works, but possibly without Victoria Beckham (Posh Spice) and Mel C (Sporty Spice.) All five original members haven’t performed on stage together since the London 2012 Olympics.
Between the Backstreet Boys reboot and this news, it looks like the ’90s are still coming back in a big way. *NSYNC, are you hearing this?
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022