Celebrities and politicians have taken to Twitter to register their shock and horror after five police officers were killed and at least six others injured after snipers attacked them in a Black Lives Matter protest in the heart of Dallas.
Shonda Rhimes condemned the “senseless” attacks and actress Rashida Jones said they should be met with love.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau sent a message of solidarity, while New York Democratic Rep. Hakeem Jeffries urged a prayer:
Reverend Al Sharpton and singer John Legend called the killings reprehensible:
Republican presidential nominee-in-waiting Donald Trump gave an even-handed response to the violence, while his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton issued a note of mourning:
Others expressed their sadness at yet another shooting, calling for the end of violence:
Nicki Minaj invoked the spirit of Malcolm X
While other celebrities called for more gun crime measures:
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?