We first spotted Leonardo DiCaprio’s doppelgänger back in January, when the Russian lookalike started making headlines because of his strong resemblance to the Oscar-winning Revenant actor.
Well, now the lucky man — Roman Burtsev, a Moscow-area emergency services officer according to the Hollywood Reporter — has cashed in on his thirty seconds of Internet fame as the star of a new ad for Russian vodka brand Pyat Ozer. The ad starts out with Burtsev staring at his reflection in a car’s rearview mirror, to which a picture of the real DiCaprio has been pinned. Soon, though, we realize that Burtsev is no Leo.
“One day you realize your life is but a fake,” a voiceover narrates. Clad in a sweatsuit that displays his substantial frame while driving a fake BMW, a faux girlfriend riding shotgun, Burtsev is clearly not the famous actor. The only thing that’s left for him to do? Drink vodka and row away into the distance, in a nod to DiCaprio’s Revenant character. Classy, fake Leo, very classy.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow