The baby (Phelps’ son with fiancee Nicole Johnson) joined his father in the pool for the first time on Wednesday, according to a deluge of Instagram posts shared on Phelps’ and Johnson’s accounts, as well as Boomer’s personal account, which has an astounding 40,000 followers.
According to Phelp’s post, Boomer “loved the water;” this isn’t the baby’s first time near a pool, however. Johnson and Boomer were on deck in June to congratulate Phelps at the USA swimming trials, where Phelps qualified for this year’s games. Phelps is currently the most decorated Olympian of all time and looks to bring home even more medals this summer in Rio.
See Boomer’s first experience in the pool below.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time