Joey is a six-year-old golden retriever in California who just happens to have a fear of fireworks. So over the Fourth of July weekend, his owners decided to distract and relax him — by setting Joey up with a pair of noise-canceling headphones, an iPad and some soothing dog videos to watch in bed as the loud festivities raged outside. Owner Emily Kuang captured a short video of the blissfully entertained dog and posted it to Twitter, and it became quite a hit with canine-loving audiences.
“He enjoys seeing animals on the TV and will watch and bark at Animal Planet, so he’s usually not as calm as he is in the video!’ Kuang told Metro UK.
Looks like Joey’s one lucky dog with a great home.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Raisa Bruner at firstname.lastname@example.org