Just when you thought you’d come to terms with the fact that Game of Thrones won’t be back until April, the showrunners have revealed that fans are going to be waiting even longer.
David Benioff and D.B. Weiss appeared on the latest episode of the UFC Unfiltered podcast and explained that due to the long-awaited arrival of winter in the season six finale, filming has been pushed back for season seven. “We don’t have an air date yet, but this year will probably be a little bit later,” Weiss said. “We’re starting a bit later because at the end of this season, ‘winter is here,’ and that means that sunny weather doesn’t really serve our purposes any more. So we kind of pushed everything down the line so we could get some grim grey weather even in the sunnier places that we shoot.”
No official return date has been announced.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement