Just when you thought you’d come to terms with the fact that Game of Thrones won’t be back until April, the showrunners have revealed that fans are going to be waiting even longer.
David Benioff and D.B. Weiss appeared on the latest episode of the UFC Unfiltered podcast and explained that due to the long-awaited arrival of winter in the season six finale, filming has been pushed back for season seven. “We don’t have an air date yet, but this year will probably be a little bit later,” Weiss said. “We’re starting a bit later because at the end of this season, ‘winter is here,’ and that means that sunny weather doesn’t really serve our purposes any more. So we kind of pushed everything down the line so we could get some grim grey weather even in the sunnier places that we shoot.”
No official return date has been announced.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement