Martin Short’s Jiminy Glick interviewed Jerry Seinfeld (from the ’90s) on Tuesday’s Maya & Marty, and it’s a hilarious seven minutes you deserve to watch.
As always, the entertainment reporter is decidedly clueless about why anyone could be bothered to care about his famous interview subject, but this time Glick has to admit that the comedian’s a total hit. That’s why it’s so deeply pleasurable to see how Glick cannot, for the life of him, figure out why someone as talent-free as Jerry could be so financially successful.
“Are you as surprised by your success as the rest of us?” he asks before Seinfeld’s routine actually puts Glick to sleep. Jerry basically got the idea for Seinfeld the show by making random observations about jelly while shopping with Larry David, so Glick has so many references to Jerry’s put-you-to-sleep dull observational comedy about random stuff to get through. It amounts to the two essentially having fun at the other’s expense, and it’s even better than the last time.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time