A man has been charged with felony arson after authorities say he threw Molotov cocktails at a Google car parked outside a company building in Mountain View, Calif.
Raul Murillo Diaz, 30, threw several beer bottles turned into Molotov cocktails at a Google Street View car parked outside Google’s building, prosecutors said, according to NBC Bay Area. While one of the bottles caused a fire, the car did not explode.
Diaz told law enforcement he “felt Google was watching him and it made him upset,” according to an affidavit.
Diaz also told authorities he was involved in two other incidents related to Google, including burning one of Google’s self-driving cars, but he has only been charged with one count of arson so far. The charge comes with a maximum prison sentence of 20 years and a potential $250,000 fine.
His lawyer did not immediately respond to NBC’s request for comment.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com