An Ohio woman pleaded guilty to four counts of rape after sexually assaulting four children in 2013 at the daycare center where she worked.
Heather Koon, 27, pleaded guilty to charges including rape, kidnapping, and tampering with evidence during an appearance in Lorain County Common Pleas Court on July 1, her defense attorney Daniel Wightman told People.
Koon raped four children at ABC Kidz Child Care in Elyria, Ohio in order to appease her fiance, a registered sex offender, according to the Chronicle-Telegram. She also took obscene photos both at ABC Kidz and Country Day School in Amherst, Ohio, another childcare center where she worked.
ABC Kidz could not be reached for comment and Country Day School declined to comment.
Koon initially pleaded not guilty when arrested for the crimes in 2013.
Her fiancé James Osborne, 37, also pleaded guilty last week to charges of complicity to rape, complicity to kidnapping and pandering obscenity involving a minor, according to a Loraine County Court official.
Koon and Osborne face 15 years to life in prison for their crimes, according to the Chronicle-Telegram. The couple could be sentenced to life in prison without parole if a judge decides they are sexually violent predators.
If they are released, they will be required to register as sex offenders, according to the Chronicle-Telegram.
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction