Adele kicked off her American tour in St. Paul, Minnesota, where she offered tribute to a fallen local icon—Prince Rogers Nelson.
Before the show’s encore performance, Adele appeared on stage as the video for Prince’s 1994 hit “The Most Beautiful Girl In the World” played, according to Billboard. While some may have expected her to belt out a hit from the late pop legend, Adele admitted to the crowd that she didn’t quite feel worth to offer a full tribute.
“I did maybe consider covering a song, but f*** it, it’s Prince,” she said.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023