Adele kicked off her American tour in St. Paul, Minnesota, where she offered tribute to a fallen local icon—Prince Rogers Nelson.
Before the show’s encore performance, Adele appeared on stage as the video for Prince’s 1994 hit “The Most Beautiful Girl In the World” played, according to Billboard. While some may have expected her to belt out a hit from the late pop legend, Adele admitted to the crowd that she didn’t quite feel worth to offer a full tribute.
“I did maybe consider covering a song, but f*** it, it’s Prince,” she said.
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future