A Tennessee mother accused of stabbing four of her children to death last week was moved to a mental health institute on Tuesday after appearing in court, authorities said.
Shanynthia Gardner, 29, was taken to Memphis Mental Health Institute after a brief video court appearance before a judge, Shelby County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Earle Farrell told the Associated Press.
She faces charges of first-degree murder, child abuse and child neglect after she allegedly cut the throats of four children, who were all younger than 5, inside their Memphis apartment on Friday.
Gardner’s next hearing is set for next Monday, according to the AP.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space