Slovakian tennis star Dominika Cibulkova almost called off her wedding to play in the finals at Wimbledon, thanks to her winning streak in the competition.
The 27-year-old, 19th seeded player will tie the knot with fiancée of four years, Miso Navara, on Saturday in her home town of Bratislava, which happens to be the same day as the Wimbledon singles final. Cibulkova was considering canceling her wedding if she progressed to the final; however Russia’s Elena Vesnina took the slot in today’s match.
Cibulkova hadn’t anticipated making it this far into competition when planning her nuptials, but took the possibility and loss in stride.
“We planned this [the wedding] nine months ago,” Cibulkova said to the Daily Mail. “You never know what can happen.”
While Cibulkova celebrates her wedding, Vesnina will face Serena Williams in the final.
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases