Taylor Swift and her new beau Tom Hiddleston have been anything but secretive about their relationship. Hiddleswift/Swoki/Tomlor/your cleverer portmanteau here has already been spotted in multiple public places, including most recently at Swift’s star-studded 4th of July party.
But was Hiddleston’s “I [heart] T.S.” shirt a little… much? It certainly sparked broader wonder about the duo’s romantic motivations.
Conspiracy theorists took to their natural habitat, Twitter, to share how they knew Hiddleswift was a fixed game from the get-go. Here are the six most entertaining guesses as to why the celeb couple is so brazenly affectionate:
1. The government did it. #ThanksObama
2. This is all just fodder for Taylor Swift’s next music video
3. Their PR teams are ultra-stealth
4. Taylor Swift? I think you mean Joaquin Phoenix.
5. Look closely the next time you buy a picture frame.
6. See number 2. But with, like, actual love, too.
Of course, it could just be that they’re really, really, REALLY in love. Are you a Hiddleswift truther? Let us know:
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism