Unfortunately Matt Damon and Ben Affleck are not together every waking moment of every day.
But Affleck is always looking out for his buddy, which is why he happily supplied the public with a 1988 snap of Damon. Being a top notch friend, Affleck sent the photo — Matt in a leather jacket during his musical theater phase — while Damon was doing a Twitter Q&A on the Australian radio show Smallzy’s Surgery with Alicia Vikander for the upcoming Jason Bourne movie.
Reacting to the photo, Damon said, “I had that exact wig made for the Liberace movie [Behind the Candelabra: My Life with Liberace], for the ’80s sequence. We called it the Flock of Seagulls wig…that’s my real hair.” The ’80s hair is not even the point. The point is to watch Damon the moment he realizes Ben has blindsided him with this blackmail material.
Recently, Damon said heartfelt things about his friend Ben in a commencement speech at MIT, but this video is probably what filled Affleck with more pride. In this moment, there is no one in the world more surprised than Matt Damon. At the sight of the photo, ever so slightly off balance for moment, Damon says, “that’s nice of him,” and sips from a mug of coffee, likely plotting a revenge plot.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space