Unfortunately Matt Damon and Ben Affleck are not together every waking moment of every day.
But Affleck is always looking out for his buddy, which is why he happily supplied the public with a 1988 snap of Damon. Being a top notch friend, Affleck sent the photo — Matt in a leather jacket during his musical theater phase — while Damon was doing a Twitter Q&A on the Australian radio show Smallzy’s Surgery with Alicia Vikander for the upcoming Jason Bourne movie.
Reacting to the photo, Damon said, “I had that exact wig made for the Liberace movie [Behind the Candelabra: My Life with Liberace], for the ’80s sequence. We called it the Flock of Seagulls wig…that’s my real hair.” The ’80s hair is not even the point. The point is to watch Damon the moment he realizes Ben has blindsided him with this blackmail material.
Recently, Damon said heartfelt things about his friend Ben in a commencement speech at MIT, but this video is probably what filled Affleck with more pride. In this moment, there is no one in the world more surprised than Matt Damon. At the sight of the photo, ever so slightly off balance for moment, Damon says, “that’s nice of him,” and sips from a mug of coffee, likely plotting a revenge plot.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve