Pitch Perfect star Anna Kendrick says she would take a crack at the Marvel franchise as the little-known, bushy-tailed super-heroine, Squirrel Girl.
In an interview with Net A Porter, Kendrick was asked what spandex-wearing hero she would want to be if offered the chance. “My brother sent me a ‘Squirrel Girl’ comic because he thinks I should,” she said to Net A Porter. “I don’t know what Squirrel Girl does other than be half squirrel, but I could be half squirrel!”
In addition to being able to communicate with other squirrels, Doreen Green (also known as Squirrel Girl) possesses super-speed, strength, healing abilities and is known to have taken down villains like Guardians of the Galaxy‘s Thanos and Doctor Doom.
Even if the decision lies with Marvel Studios, the actress’s fans seem thrilled with the suggestion:
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State