Pitch Perfect star Anna Kendrick says she would take a crack at the Marvel franchise as the little-known, bushy-tailed super-heroine, Squirrel Girl.
In an interview with Net A Porter, Kendrick was asked what spandex-wearing hero she would want to be if offered the chance. “My brother sent me a ‘Squirrel Girl’ comic because he thinks I should,” she said to Net A Porter. “I don’t know what Squirrel Girl does other than be half squirrel, but I could be half squirrel!”
In addition to being able to communicate with other squirrels, Doreen Green (also known as Squirrel Girl) possesses super-speed, strength, healing abilities and is known to have taken down villains like Guardians of the Galaxy‘s Thanos and Doctor Doom.
Even if the decision lies with Marvel Studios, the actress’s fans seem thrilled with the suggestion:
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time