ROME — The body of an American college student who vanished just hours after arriving in the Italian capital was found Monday, three days after he disappeared.
Beau Solomon, a 19-year-old visiting student from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, arrived in Italy on Thursday to study at John Cabot University. He was reported missing the following morning by his roommate, according to the small liberal arts college based in Rome.
His body was found Monday in the Tiber River, according to a statement from the school. “We express our most heartfelt condolences to the Solomon family and to all those who loved Beau …
Read more from our partners at NBC News
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction