ROME — The body of an American college student who vanished just hours after arriving in the Italian capital was found Monday, three days after he disappeared.
Beau Solomon, a 19-year-old visiting student from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, arrived in Italy on Thursday to study at John Cabot University. He was reported missing the following morning by his roommate, according to the small liberal arts college based in Rome.
His body was found Monday in the Tiber River, according to a statement from the school. “We express our most heartfelt condolences to the Solomon family and to all those who loved Beau …
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List