Whatever the final score Friday night, it’ll be a win for women everywhere.
Minor league baseball’s independent Sonoma Stompers will make history when two women take the field against the San Rafael Pacifics.
The team’s starting line-up will include Kelsie Whitmore, a 17-year-old outfielder and pitcher, and 25-year-old pitcher and infielder Stacy Piagno. Both are set to play for Team USA in September’s Women’s Baseball World Cup.
That’ll make the Stompers the first co-ed professional baseball team since the 1950s to feature more than one female player at the same time…
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time