The 34-year-old mother of three said her father respects women, disputing talks throughout Trump’s campaign from critics who say the real estate mogul insults women and treats them poorly, the Sunday Times of London reports.
“My father is a feminist. He’s a big reason I am the woman I am today,” Ivanka Trump told the newspaper. “People talk about gender equality. He has lived it, he has employed women at the highest levels of the Trump Organization for decades, so I think it’s a great testament to how capable he thinks women are and has shown that his whole life.”
“He always told me and showed me that I could do anything I set my mind to if I married vision and passion with work ethic,” she added. “He’s also surrounded me with strong female role models who have done just that since I was a little girl.”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time