An image Donald Trump tweeted Saturday that criticized Hillary Clinton and sparked backlash after it featured a message critics said was in the shape of a Star of David had previously appeared on a message board where racist and anti-Semitic messages are often posted.
The meme the presumptive Republican presidential nominee posted on his official Twitter account called Hillary Clinton the “most corrupt candidate ever.” The words in the since-deleted tweet were emblazoned on a six-pointed star.
The original image appears to have first surfaced over than a week ago on 8chan’s /pol/ board, a website that typically draws neo-Nazis, anti-Semites and white supremacists, Mic first reported.
Other memes on the message board are highly critical of Clinton, immigrants and Muslims, according to NBC News.
Trump’s campaign did not immediately respond to Mic’s or NBC’s requests for comment.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement