An image Donald Trump tweeted Saturday that criticized Hillary Clinton and sparked backlash after it featured a message critics said was in the shape of a Star of David had previously appeared on a message board where racist and anti-Semitic messages are often posted.
The meme the presumptive Republican presidential nominee posted on his official Twitter account called Hillary Clinton the “most corrupt candidate ever.” The words in the since-deleted tweet were emblazoned on a six-pointed star.
The original image appears to have first surfaced over than a week ago on 8chan’s /pol/ board, a website that typically draws neo-Nazis, anti-Semites and white supremacists, Mic first reported.
Other memes on the message board are highly critical of Clinton, immigrants and Muslims, according to NBC News.
Trump’s campaign did not immediately respond to Mic’s or NBC’s requests for comment.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization