An image Donald Trump tweeted Saturday that criticized Hillary Clinton and sparked backlash after it featured a message critics said was in the shape of a Star of David had previously appeared on a message board where racist and anti-Semitic messages are often posted.
The meme the presumptive Republican presidential nominee posted on his official Twitter account called Hillary Clinton the “most corrupt candidate ever.” The words in the since-deleted tweet were emblazoned on a six-pointed star.
The original image appears to have first surfaced over than a week ago on 8chan’s /pol/ board, a website that typically draws neo-Nazis, anti-Semites and white supremacists, Mic first reported.
Other memes on the message board are highly critical of Clinton, immigrants and Muslims, according to NBC News.
Trump’s campaign did not immediately respond to Mic’s or NBC’s requests for comment.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears