Four children were fatally stabbed in Memphis, Tenn. Friday, and their mother has been taken into custody.
The authorities responded to a call to an apartment complex in Memphis at 12:50 p.m. local time, KTLA 5 reported. There they found four young children stabbed to death; the deputies who went to the scene described the children as “babies,” a sheriff’s spokesman told the Associated Press.
“Our community has suffered an egregious act of evil and tremendous loss today,” said Sheriff Bill Oldham.
The mother was taken into custody, the AP reported. The names of the mother and the victims were not immediately released.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy