Four children were fatally stabbed in Memphis, Tenn. Friday, and their mother has been taken into custody.
The authorities responded to a call to an apartment complex in Memphis at 12:50 p.m. local time, KTLA 5 reported. There they found four young children stabbed to death; the deputies who went to the scene described the children as “babies,” a sheriff’s spokesman told the Associated Press.
“Our community has suffered an egregious act of evil and tremendous loss today,” said Sheriff Bill Oldham.
The mother was taken into custody, the AP reported. The names of the mother and the victims were not immediately released.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up