Facebook introduced a new tool Thursday that allows people to raise money for U.S.-based 501(c)3 nonprofits directly on the social media site.
The fundraising tool allows individuals to set up a page to share their story with their friends and followers, talk about a nonprofit’s mission and solicit funds.
Last fall, Facebook launched a fundraising tool for nonprofits, where organizations can raise money directly from the News Feed and use the Donate button. Facebook’s new tool now lets ordinary users create pages to collect donations for a nonprofit they choose and set fundraising goals.
You can get started on the tool at facebook.com/fundraisers.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow