Facebook introduced a new tool Thursday that allows people to raise money for U.S.-based 501(c)3 nonprofits directly on the social media site.
The fundraising tool allows individuals to set up a page to share their story with their friends and followers, talk about a nonprofit’s mission and solicit funds.
Last fall, Facebook launched a fundraising tool for nonprofits, where organizations can raise money directly from the News Feed and use the Donate button. Facebook’s new tool now lets ordinary users create pages to collect donations for a nonprofit they choose and set fundraising goals.
You can get started on the tool at facebook.com/fundraisers.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up