Demi Lovato may have been “Cool for the Summer” last year, but she’s switching things up this season with her steamy new song, “Body Say.” The pop star announced the new single on Twitter after performing it during the first stop of her joint tour with Nick Jonas, Honda Civic Tour: Future Now, in Atlanta on June 29.
“I wrote and recorded #BodySay a couple weeks ago and wanted you guys to hear it right away… what’s the point in waiting anymore,” the 23-year-old singer Tweeted, before sending fans to the song on Spotify and Apple Music. (To note: the very vocal star is back on social media after recently quitting everything except Snapchat.)
[spotify id=”spotify:track:7xrA11O07xo57Bbg6p4hck” width=”560″ height=”80″ /]
The song was coupled with some tastefully risqué album art that makes sense for a song that’s essentially an ode to the bedroom. “If my body had a say, I’d get it off my chest / Show you all the red lace underneath this dress,” the lyrics go. As usual, she’s nothing if not confident.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time