Demi Lovato may have been “Cool for the Summer” last year, but she’s switching things up this season with her steamy new song, “Body Say.” The pop star announced the new single on Twitter after performing it during the first stop of her joint tour with Nick Jonas, Honda Civic Tour: Future Now, in Atlanta on June 29.
“I wrote and recorded #BodySay a couple weeks ago and wanted you guys to hear it right away… what’s the point in waiting anymore,” the 23-year-old singer Tweeted, before sending fans to the song on Spotify and Apple Music. (To note: the very vocal star is back on social media after recently quitting everything except Snapchat.)
[spotify id=”spotify:track:7xrA11O07xo57Bbg6p4hck” width=”560″ height=”80″ /]
The song was coupled with some tastefully risqué album art that makes sense for a song that’s essentially an ode to the bedroom. “If my body had a say, I’d get it off my chest / Show you all the red lace underneath this dress,” the lyrics go. As usual, she’s nothing if not confident.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving