A woman asked presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump to “get rid of” the “heebie jabbies” at the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and replace them with veterans, leading to an awkward exchange during a New Hampshire event on Thursday.
“Why aren’t we putting our military retirees on that border or in TSA?” she said. “Get rid of all these heebie jabbies they wear at TSA. I’ve seen them myself, ” the woman added, apparently referencing the hijab, the veil most commonly worn by Muslim women.
“We are looking at that. We are looking at that,” Trump responded. “We’re looking at a lot of things.”
Trump came under fire after his December call to to enact a “complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States,” though his campaign has recently been vague about the details of such a ban.
When asked asked about whether Burkas should be banned in “schools, courts, and bordered checkpoints” in the United States during a February interview with Boston Herald Radio, Trump said “I’m okay with it. I know you’re shocked to hear me say it right? I’m okay with it.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow