Boomer Robert Phelps, the adorable nearly two-month-old son of Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps and model Nicole Johnson, is already Instagram-savvy.
Since Boomer was born on May 5, his parents have made sure to proudly document the earliest moments of his life. In a Facebook Live video, Phelps explained the origin of his son’s name: both he and his wife “wanted something different and something cool.”
The swimmer’s first image with his newborn garnered more than 106,000 likes, with the athlete exclaiming, “Best feeling I have ever felt in my life!!!” About a month after his birth, Boomer got his very own Instagram account. And in its first two weeks, it has already amassed more than 15,000 followers.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving