For those who aren’t parallel parking pros, the omnidirectional wheels from inventor William Liddiard are a dream come true.
Watch the video above to see the car tires Liddiard developed that let the vehicle roll sideways. Omnidirectional wheels are not a new concept, but Liddiard said his version is distinct because they merely need to be bolted to the car to function, the Verge reports.
Liddiard’s wheels as seen above are still in preliminary stages, but he has said he intends to sell them to major car manufacturers once he finalizes the production.
In the meantime, anyone longing for the ability to slide sideways in a vehicle has to just hope that these hit the market before driverless cars take away the need for easier driving altogether.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow