For those who aren’t parallel parking pros, the omnidirectional wheels from inventor William Liddiard are a dream come true.
Watch the video above to see the car tires Liddiard developed that let the vehicle roll sideways. Omnidirectional wheels are not a new concept, but Liddiard said his version is distinct because they merely need to be bolted to the car to function, the Verge reports.
Liddiard’s wheels as seen above are still in preliminary stages, but he has said he intends to sell them to major car manufacturers once he finalizes the production.
In the meantime, anyone longing for the ability to slide sideways in a vehicle has to just hope that these hit the market before driverless cars take away the need for easier driving altogether.
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma