Scarlett Johansson has officially earned more money at the box office than any other actress in history.
At 31, the actress has already raked in $3.3 billion at the domestic box office, making her 10th highest earning actor, male or female, in Hollywood, according to Box Office Mojo.
By far the youngest actor on the top 10 list, Johansson was only beat out by the likes of Harrison Ford, Samuel L. Jackson, Morgan Freeman, Tom Hanks, Robert Downey Jr., Eddie Murphy, Tom Cruise, Michael Caine and Johnny Depp.
The next highest-grossing actress on the list is Cameron Diaz at 19, followed by Helena Bonham Carter at 26, Cate Blanchett at 29, Julia Roberts at 30, Elizabeth Banks at 31, Emma Watson at 32 and Anne Hathaway at 50.
Johansson has appeared as Natasha Romanoff, or Black Widow, in five Marvel films including Iron Man 2 in 2010, The Avengers in 2012, Captain America: The Winter Soldier in 2014 and Captain America: Civil War in 2016. She also voiced Kaa in The Jungle Book and starred in Hail, Caesar! earlier this year.
She added, “I am very fortunate, I make a really good living, and I’m proud to be an actress who’s making as much as many of my male peers at this stage … I think every woman has [been underpaid], but unless I’m addressing it as a larger problem, for me to talk about my own personal experience with it feels a little obnoxious. It’s part of a larger conversation about feminism in general.”
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving