Look, Rihanna can move stuff on mountainous space regions! The official music video for “Sledgehammer,” Rihanna’s Star Trek Beyond theme song is out.
Floria Sigismondi directed it using only IMAX cameras for the whole thing (hey, it’s Bad Gal manipulating the terrain with her mind powers,) and there’s plenty of trippy visual weirdness.
The camera goes as fast as the spaceship, and the landscape cinematography is sufficiently wacky, but it still shares a bit of the film’s DNA. Spoiler alert: she never actually rams a sledgehammer through anything, but she does pop a really cool bubble. In a promotional video for the movie, Rihanna, who says she has been a ride or die Star Trek fan since she was a little girl, explained the vision for the survival song, “it needed to be big and impactful, very emotional, dramatic, and haunting at the same time.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time