Authorities on Tuesday released the chilling 911 calls two Texas sisters placed moments before their mother shot them dead.
Taylor Sheats, 22, her 17-year-old sister Madison Sheats, and their father can be heard screaming, crying and begging for their lives in two of the emergency calls obtained by TIME. “Please don’t point the gun at us,” a male voice says. “Please put down your gun. Please don’t shoot. Don’t do it. Please, I beg you.”
“I’m so sorry. I promise you whatever you want, I will—“ he continues before suddenly being cut off.
The Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office said two of the several calls they received came from shooter Christy Sheats’ two daughters. The first came from Madison Sheats.
Police said Christy Sheats, 42, convened a “family meeting” inside her Katy home Friday evening before opening fire on her two daughters. Christy Sheats’ husband Jason Sheats was also present in the living room but was not injured.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up