It’s the third trailer for the film so far, and unsurprisingly things don’t look so hot for the Starship Enterprise. It’s still about Kirk’s daddy issues in space, but Rihanna is breathing new life into the story with her increasingly magical vocals. What we know to expect so far: explosions! swords fights! a motorcycle! And of course, the frontier pushing back, so it makes sense that Rihanna sings “I hit a wall,” over and over until it loses meaning.
The movie comes out July 22, and you can listen to the whole Rihanna song below.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart