The wife of Maine Governor Paul LePage has a new summer gig: waiting tables at a local restaurant. Her goal: to buy a new SUV.
Ann LePage is working part-time as a waitress at McSeagull’s Restauant in Boothbay Harbor three days a week at lunchtime to save enough money to purchase a new Toyota Rav4, CNN reports. Gov. Paul LePage said she also took the job to “supplement” his $70,000 salary, the lowest of any U.S. governor, according to the Associated Press.
“Because of who I am and who I’m married to, I want to work extra hard just so I can show them I can do the job,” Ann LePage told the AP, adding that being a waitress is something she’s “always, always wanted to do.”
Maine’s First Lady for the last five years has already proven her worth at the restaurant, Jackie Barnicoat, McSeagull’s general manager, told CNN. “It’s not just all fun and games,” Barnicoat said. “There’s a lot of grueling side work that comes with it and she doesn’t stop. I wish they could all be like her.”
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time