The wife of Maine Governor Paul LePage has a new summer gig: waiting tables at a local restaurant. Her goal: to buy a new SUV.
Ann LePage is working part-time as a waitress at McSeagull’s Restauant in Boothbay Harbor three days a week at lunchtime to save enough money to purchase a new Toyota Rav4, CNN reports. Gov. Paul LePage said she also took the job to “supplement” his $70,000 salary, the lowest of any U.S. governor, according to the Associated Press.
“Because of who I am and who I’m married to, I want to work extra hard just so I can show them I can do the job,” Ann LePage told the AP, adding that being a waitress is something she’s “always, always wanted to do.”
Maine’s First Lady for the last five years has already proven her worth at the restaurant, Jackie Barnicoat, McSeagull’s general manager, told CNN. “It’s not just all fun and games,” Barnicoat said. “There’s a lot of grueling side work that comes with it and she doesn’t stop. I wish they could all be like her.”
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World