International New York Times
Great Britain’s referendum vote to leave the European Union shook the world this week. Stocks have dipped and world leaders have expressed concern about Great Britain leaving the EU. Polls showed a generational divide over whether to leave or remain in the union.
Following the vote, Prime Minister David Cameron resigned. Official talks between Great Britain and the EU haven’t started yet, but the EU has urged Britain to speed up negotiations.
Here’s how magazines and newspapers from around the world depicted the news when the historic Brexit decision broke.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space