Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton.
Asked Friday on MSNBC’s Morning Joe whether he will vote for Clinton in November, Sanders said, “Yes,” Politico reports.
“I think the issue right here is I’m gonna do everything I can to defeat Donald Trump,” the Vermont senator continued.
Sanders has not yet formally ended his campaign, and on Thursday he vowed to keep the “political revolution” going to the Democratic convention, where he will likely bargain for platform changes. “The platform that comes out of the Democratic convention will be by far the most progressive platform in the history of the Democratic Party,” he said.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out