Celebrities around the world have responded to the U.K.’s historic decision to leave the E.U., where the Friday morning confirmation that the Leave campaign had won with 52% to 48% for Remain sent shock waves around the world.
Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling, a strong Remain supporter, took to Twitter and said Scotland will be seeking a new independence referendum.
Many couldn’t help themselves and poked fun at the sterling’s dramatic plunge — among them former Swedish Prime Minister, Carl Bildt.
Musician Cher said ‘Brexit’ is the best decision for the British public, followed by a retraction: “How Could I Have Been So Blind.”
Edward Snowden remarked on what the vote means for the rest of the world.
Piers Morgan says the decision to leave shows why Donald Trump has a good chance of winning the presidency.
Performer Lily Allen did not mince her words but was more restrained here.
Richard Branson called it a “sad day” for Britain but its people would get through it.
British comedian and Remain supporter, James Cordon, was among the many expressing sheer disappointment.
Film-maker Michael Moore asked Europe to take the U.S.
Ryan Seacrest called it a day for the history books
As expected, supporters of the Remain campaign like Daily Mail columnist, Katie Hopkins, posted messages of triumph.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction