Celebrities around the world have responded to the U.K.’s historic decision to leave the E.U., where the Friday morning confirmation that the Leave campaign had won with 52% to 48% for Remain sent shock waves around the world.
Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling, a strong Remain supporter, took to Twitter and said Scotland will be seeking a new independence referendum.
Many couldn’t help themselves and poked fun at the sterling’s dramatic plunge — among them former Swedish Prime Minister, Carl Bildt.
Musician Cher said ‘Brexit’ is the best decision for the British public, followed by a retraction: “How Could I Have Been So Blind.”
Edward Snowden remarked on what the vote means for the rest of the world.
Piers Morgan says the decision to leave shows why Donald Trump has a good chance of winning the presidency.
Performer Lily Allen did not mince her words but was more restrained here.
Richard Branson called it a “sad day” for Britain but its people would get through it.
British comedian and Remain supporter, James Cordon, was among the many expressing sheer disappointment.
Film-maker Michael Moore asked Europe to take the U.S.
Ryan Seacrest called it a day for the history books
As expected, supporters of the Remain campaign like Daily Mail columnist, Katie Hopkins, posted messages of triumph.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization