British Prime Minister David Cameron was due to speak outside 10 Downing Street on Friday morning, hours after voters rejected his Remain campaign and elected to leave the European Union.
He was expected to address the state of the markets, which have been highly volatile since the Leave vote began looking like a possibility. The London Stock Exchange is due to open at 8am. The Bank of England said it would take “all necessary steps” to guarantee economic stability in the wake of the vote.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time