“We think a lot about diversity at Facebook,” Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook’s Chief Operating Officer, announced Wednesday, The Hill reports. “And we have a managing-bias class that all of our leaders and a lot of our employees have taken that I was part of helping to create, and we’ve focused on racial bias, age bias, gender bias, national bias, and we’re going to add in a scenario now on political bias.”
The addition of political bias training comes after the site faced criticism that the editors of Facebook’s trending topics feature downplayed news sources and stories popular among conservatives. A Facebook spokesman told The Hill that the training is mandatory for all employees.
Many Americans get their news from Facebook, which maintains its neutrality.
“We don’t have a point of view, we’re not trying to make you have a point of view,” Sandberg said.
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma