“We think a lot about diversity at Facebook,” Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook’s Chief Operating Officer, announced Wednesday, The Hill reports. “And we have a managing-bias class that all of our leaders and a lot of our employees have taken that I was part of helping to create, and we’ve focused on racial bias, age bias, gender bias, national bias, and we’re going to add in a scenario now on political bias.”
The addition of political bias training comes after the site faced criticism that the editors of Facebook’s trending topics feature downplayed news sources and stories popular among conservatives. A Facebook spokesman told The Hill that the training is mandatory for all employees.
Many Americans get their news from Facebook, which maintains its neutrality.
“We don’t have a point of view, we’re not trying to make you have a point of view,” Sandberg said.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve