“We think a lot about diversity at Facebook,” Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook’s Chief Operating Officer, announced Wednesday, The Hill reports. “And we have a managing-bias class that all of our leaders and a lot of our employees have taken that I was part of helping to create, and we’ve focused on racial bias, age bias, gender bias, national bias, and we’re going to add in a scenario now on political bias.”
The addition of political bias training comes after the site faced criticism that the editors of Facebook’s trending topics feature downplayed news sources and stories popular among conservatives. A Facebook spokesman told The Hill that the training is mandatory for all employees.
Many Americans get their news from Facebook, which maintains its neutrality.
“We don’t have a point of view, we’re not trying to make you have a point of view,” Sandberg said.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears