Kit Harington may be a hero fighting medieval-style battles on Game of Thrones — but the actor is taking a turn to the dark side in his next role, as the main villain on the new Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare video game. Then again, “infinite warfare” does sound a lot like what Jon Snow has been up against throughout Thrones, so maybe it’s not so different after all.
Using state-of-the-art performance capture technology, the Call of Duty team and director Guy Ritchie filmed Harington over the course of a week to bring his dark character to life for the futuristic video game. The game is a classic war story: players are captains of their own warships, fighting space-age battles against the evil Settlement Defense Front, which Harington’s character leads. Apparently his Admiral will pursue players throughout the narrative of the game, culminating in a major showdown. So looks like you’ll have to go up against Jon Snow in order to win the game.
It’s out in November on Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC. But for a quicker Harington fix, there’s always the Game of Thrones season finale this Sunday. In the meantime, check out the photos of Harington filming for his Call of Duty character, above.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was