Confirmed knight in shining armor, Tom Hanks is at it again, improving lives and being a top notch paternal figure to people he’s not related to.
“The best advice I got was from—I’m gonna name drop here—was from Tom Hanks, who said that saying ‘no’ is always more powerful than saying ‘yes.’ The times you say ‘no’ will be more defining for your career than the times you say ‘yes.’ And I think that’s really smart and really true and I say ‘no’ a lot. So I definitely took it to heart. I hope he means it.”
Defining careers, reinforcing self-worth, fathering everyone, this is the calling of Tom Hanks.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List