Confirmed knight in shining armor, Tom Hanks is at it again, improving lives and being a top notch paternal figure to people he’s not related to.
“The best advice I got was from—I’m gonna name drop here—was from Tom Hanks, who said that saying ‘no’ is always more powerful than saying ‘yes.’ The times you say ‘no’ will be more defining for your career than the times you say ‘yes.’ And I think that’s really smart and really true and I say ‘no’ a lot. So I definitely took it to heart. I hope he means it.”
Defining careers, reinforcing self-worth, fathering everyone, this is the calling of Tom Hanks.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com