Confirmed knight in shining armor, Tom Hanks is at it again, improving lives and being a top notch paternal figure to people he’s not related to.
“The best advice I got was from—I’m gonna name drop here—was from Tom Hanks, who said that saying ‘no’ is always more powerful than saying ‘yes.’ The times you say ‘no’ will be more defining for your career than the times you say ‘yes.’ And I think that’s really smart and really true and I say ‘no’ a lot. So I definitely took it to heart. I hope he means it.”
Defining careers, reinforcing self-worth, fathering everyone, this is the calling of Tom Hanks.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve