Confirmed knight in shining armor, Tom Hanks is at it again, improving lives and being a top notch paternal figure to people he’s not related to.
“The best advice I got was from—I’m gonna name drop here—was from Tom Hanks, who said that saying ‘no’ is always more powerful than saying ‘yes.’ The times you say ‘no’ will be more defining for your career than the times you say ‘yes.’ And I think that’s really smart and really true and I say ‘no’ a lot. So I definitely took it to heart. I hope he means it.”
Defining careers, reinforcing self-worth, fathering everyone, this is the calling of Tom Hanks.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.