1. Making food waste into energy, or how to power Disney World with Florida’s rotten tomatoes.
By Tracie McMillan in National Geographic’s the Plate
2. How to crowdsource medical research with video games.
By Simon Parkin in the New Yorker
3. Should we let mayors run the world?
By the editors of the Christian Science Monitor
4. Why prisoners deserve the right to vote.
By Corey Brettschneider in Politico Magazine
5. Can we restore memories with stem cells?
By Christina Sumners in Vital Record from Texas A&M
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now