National Grid is preparing for an extra 1,200 megawatts in demand, according to a Financial Times report. That’s the approximate equivalent of adding a million people to the grid.
“By one o’clock in the morning, this will possibly be the biggest night-time jump we have ever seen,” National Grid official Jeremy Caplin told the FT “It is certainly going to make our lives more interesting.”
The vote over whether to stay in the European Union has sharply divided the country and dominated headlines and airwaves.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State